Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Beau At the Beach


Beau tends to do his own thing. He plays in the waves, he hunts shells, he sits and reads, and he explores his surroundings. He is fun to watch but he is usually far away so I tend to not get as many pictures of him.
However, when I snapped the above picture I knew immediately it would be one of my all time favorites. He's missing several teeth, his hair is too long, his jeans were too short, but it's just Beau the way he is every day doing whatever it is that catches his attention at the moment not caring what the rest of the world thinks.
He is his own person, and I couldn't wish more for him.
His smile shows how happy he is taking a break from everyday life at the beach.

 Climbing a tree, smiling at me.
Going higher than last year.
Stopping to see where his siblings are.
Not afraid of what's above or what's below.
Enjoying the moment.

 Swimming...
It's cold, but he doesn't notice.
He has no pool toys but he has his brother and sister.
He can swim the length of the pool, he can be the shark when dad's not there.
   He stops to play with Owen.
I don't have to be in the pool, I can sit on the side and watch.
I'd jump in if necessary but it's nice to be able to be warm and just observe.
 At Fort Pickens, a fort built in the 1800's, one of the kids probably knows the exact date. Beau paused for just a moment so I could grab a shot of him. They were running and hiding from eachother and me, I think we all had a great time in the short visit we had there.

No comments: