Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mom Said I Could

The main ingredient.

Hmm, this is interesting.

It needs a little foot.


Do you think anyone notices?
I wonder how it tastes?
Its kind of fun to swim in.


Needs a little more dirt mixed in.
Not quite spread out enough.

Looks like I've just about got this figured out.
Mom, this is so much fun.

It's everywhere even on my tongue, but I love this.

This is my mom has the camera pose.


Who cares if she has the camera, I don't get to do this every day.

Don't laugh at my butt.

Leaving the scene of the accident.

Hey Mom, that was fun.

What are you going to let me do next time?

Sometimes a mom has to improvise. There is lots to do...packing, organizing, planning.
But I had no bread, still okay on milk, and Anna is sick and not getting better very quickly.
So I'm not leaving the house. I decided to make bread, I have a pantry full of stuff
and it needs to be used or given away. So I used some.
However, making bread is a hands on job and Owen is a hands on kid.
Can't do both.
So I put a little flour in a bowl, set it on the ground when he wasn't looking and waited.
It didn't take him long to zero in on a mess making material.
He spent half an hour spreading, feeling, laying in, tracking prints around, enjoying.
I got the bread made and had time to take some pictures for memories.
Not only that but on a weekend full of woe, I smiled and laughed at my little one
experiencing something new.
The house was super clean now it isn't, but it won't take much to get it there.
Plus, the new vacuum I got quickly cleaned up the mess.
Don't worry dad, there's no lasting effects just happy memories.


No comments: