Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Fantastic Weekend

Friday night we had Beau's birthday party with 5 other ten year olds. "Dude" was heard more times than I could count, but they are all super kids with great manners and Beau had a lot of fun. Luke also had his first basketball practice. He didn't want to go because he didn't want to miss out on Beau's party but I made him and he was really happy he went. He got his uniform, chose jersey #1 and got his ball. He loved it.

Saturday was filled with Ben's PT test, the kids and I went to watch and play and I timed his run. He did well and was happy when it was over. We did some chores around the house and then we had Anna's first game at 2, her team lost a lot to a little, but she learned a lot and tried hard. She had two steals and I loved watching her play. We came home for the afternoon and played outside, ate an early dinner then it was back to the gym for Beau's first game and my debut as a basketball coach. Beau was so nervous before the game, but he did awesome. He learned so much, listened really well and is excited for the rest of the season. I loved every minute of it, I was loud and intense, and I called an integral timeout that saved us a turn over. I got a small lecture by the ref for going outside my coaching box, and had many compliments after the game about how involved I was. I'm not sure Ben really enjoyed watching his wife be quite so loud, but I am hoping he gets used to it, this just may be the start of my coaching career, I absolutely loved it. Oh and we did win by four 29-25. Don't I make fourth grade basketball sound like fun.
This picture was taken just to capture the kids in the middle of the day, the sun was all wrong but I like it anyway.


Today Auntie Annette and Uncle Ray came over for breakfast.
Owen got his first hair cut by a true professional, one who showed more love than any other would. I won't mention she pinched his skin with the scissors because she felt so bad about it but he was really fine. He looks older and he is so handsome when I'm not squeezing his cheeks to hold his head still. Then we all went and looked at the house we are hoping to buy. We appreciate their opinions and are so thankful to have family here to be involved with our big life decisions.
Now it is off to Stephanie and Brian's (Ben's cousin) for homemade cookies and pizza.
Life is GREAT! (Beau likes to capitalize in papers for school to emphasize words it makes me laugh.)

We are also enjoying just the beginning of family time, the kids and Ben have the whole week off.

No comments: