Tuesday, May 22, 2012

13 Years


Today Ben and I have been married for 13 years. Sometimes it definitely seems that long and others I can't believe it's been that many. It's been another year of change. It wasn't change that came without a lot of stress, but we are finally settling into our new home in another new state, and we are happy.
This year I've heard a lot how lucky Ben is to have me, and while at times I completely agree :) I am just as lucky to have him. I wouldn't be who I am or have everything I have without him. He works so hard to provide for us so that I can stay home and be with the kids everyday. Before Ben I wasn't near as strong as I am now, and while I didn't always agree with his methods, he has really helped me to become someone I want to be. I'm not afraid of much, I believe in my parenting, I will try new things, I can fail and overcome it, I want to be better than I am, and all of these attributes I hold so dear are direct results of Ben loving me and standing by me through everything in life. He has taught me to believe in myself because he has always believed in me. I love him more today than yesterday, and I love the life we have created together. I am thankful everyday for this man God provided for me, and I pray our children will one day be as happy as we are. It hasn't always been easy, but everything good in life requires effort and sometimes lots of it. Forgiveness has been a key to our relationship, and he has always been better at that than me. He lets go of his anger far before I do, and I have learned from him. I have also learned forgiveness isn't for the receiver it's for the giver, once I forgive him I can love him more, and we become closer. I'm thankful for how easily he forgives and for how easily he shows his love. He has always been the parent to hug and kiss often and regularly, and I have enjoyed watching our kids reap the benefits of this as I have. I have become freer with my own affections as I've watched him interact with the kids and myself.
It's been fun and challenging and I look forward to more fun and more challenges as we continue this life together. I love you Ben yesterday, today and forever.

No comments: