Today is my mom's 60th birthday. I really wish I was there to celebrate with her, but over the last 20 years I think I have missed all her birthdays. Some people get huge parties for their birthday or a great gift, my mom didn't get that and she would never ask for it, she's happy just to get time with her family whenever she can get it. So this is her birthday gift, the things I've learned from my mom.
1. I've learned her faith in God has carried her through and her prayers have carried me (and my siblings) through more times then we will ever know.
2. I've learned how to love unconditionally.
3. I've learned to forgive because I love.
4. I've learned it is possible for someone to love my kids as much as I do because she does.
5. I've learned she might not always say the right thing or do the right thing but she's always got my back.
6. I've learned in letting go she gave me the confidence I needed to create the life I have and I too will be able to let my kids go one day.
7. I've learned sometimes she has faked it til she made it, but nobody knew it because she's that good at faking.
8. I've learned in putting others first she finds happiness.
9. I've learned she's not perfect but her love for me is.
10. I've learned I'm incredibly thankful for the person she is and the role she played in making me the person I am and the role she has played in the lives of my children.