Wednesday, May 6, 2009

LIFE

Some days are so simple, wake up, pack lunches, put kids on the bus, clean house or whatever, pick kids up, come home, get dinner ready, read to kids, put kids to bed, clean kitchen or whatever, then go to bed. Simple right, oh but wait, "mom, mom, mom, mom" interrupts those things so many times, and I don't mind but nothing seems to be simple then. Not to mention bizarre things, like getting a splinter that gives you an infection so that means a doctor trip, child care, pain, and then follow up doctors appointments, where Luke hangs on you while they are slicing your thumb open with a #11 scalpel. Random things like that really throw a wrench in plans.
Then there are moments like today when Anna is in the I'm an overtired girl in an emotional meltdown crisis. Everything makes her cry. She pushed Luke so I told her to sit in the chair until she said sorry 25 minutes later I was tired of looking at her so I told her she had to go to bed now if she didn't say sorry by the count of ten, she said it but she didn't mean it. Does that still count? She is now in another meltdown mode that will only be resolved when I give into her cries and go sit with her for the next 20 or so minutes. I don't understand girls. Thankfully these days are rare and far between and I will go sit with her until she is calm, and she is still going to bed early. She needs some sleep.
Only a few more weeks of school, which means only a few more weeks of the routine mentioned above. Then we start a whole new routine. I am looking forward to summer and the new routine, but on days like this I wonder why.
Luke is standing behind me playing with my hair, a normal daily activity for him. Someday my hair will be cleaner because his dirty hands won't be in it all day.
I dropped my laptop in a puddle a few days ago and I think our DVD player is on the fritz, I think we should just get rid of electronics and simplify. NO WAY!!! I can't live without my computer, but I will be getting a new bag that the computer doesn't simply fall out of. Life is crazy, unpredictable, and challenging, but I wouldn't want it any other way.
God bless,

No comments: