Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Museum of the Rockies






We journeyed out of the hotel room today. I am finally able to swallow without the feeling of thousands of swords stabbing me, just dull pain. I think my fever has subsided, I've noticed it would come back when I was most stressed dealing with the kids, but this morning it seemed even in the worse times with the kids my body didn't shut down.
We went to the Museum of the Rockies. After following Mapquest directions through construction, we finally got there. On the way we found a great bread place that made sandwiches and I required the kids to eat a healthy lunch. They were delicious and filling and I haven't been begged once for a snack. We started in the dinosaur exhibit, where Luke was scared, but Beau was fascinated. They had a whole area set up for the kids with hands-on exhibits about pulleys and gears, we were there for a long time. All in all it was a great museum and the kids had a lot of fun. We ended in the Planetarium where we watched Hubble Vision, Beau was again fascinated, Luke and Anna loved the beginning with the stars and then Luke promptly fell asleep. I did too but not quite as promptly, by the end Anna said she was bored but relaxed. The day was great, now we are back waiting for Ben to plan our evening. It will include some swimming and maybe some schoolwork. Maybe some naps are necessary from the noise of discontent around me.
Pictures for the last several posts will be added soon. I just haven't felt like working that hard yet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Susan had her angiogram today and they found that it was not an aneursym, just a loop in the vein! She is in bed sick from the procedure. You find the best places to take your kids! Good job. Love to all, Nana

heidi said...

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the museum!!! Sounds like fun. :-) Come back some time in the summer and the kids can play over tat the real working old fashioned farm. LOTS of fun, there.