Friday, February 27, 2009

Feeling Thankful

My feet are cold because our furnace isn't working properly, but we have a fireplace and I am thankful for the warmth it is providing. The furnace guy will be here shortly to fix whatever the problem is and we will be plenty warm tonight. I am thankful because I have warmth and I am feeling badly for all those out there that don't have warmth. They can't call the furnace guy because they probably can't pay him or they don't have a furnace or they are choosing to be cold to save money. I am thankful these concerns aren't mine, but I know there are so many who are in that situation in our difficult economic times and for them I pray. I am so grateful to God for what He has provided our family this year. It is so much more than a home and warmth and food for our bodies, our hearts have become home, we belong to our church here, God warms our hearts in daily prayer and conversation with Him, and He feeds us with His word. And it isn't just me, Ben and the kids have it too and it is palpable in our home. It is bringing tears to my eyes knowing His love is so abundant. Last night Ben walked through the living room with a huge smile on his face and his eyes were sparkling. I asked him what was so humorous (with Ben it could be any number of things), but this time it wasn't humor it was contentment. He was feeling absolute joy about our home, he loves it every bit of it. To see Ben that happy and content makes me profoundly thankful. He worries so much about making the right choices for our family and constantly second guesses himself, but last night contentment was all over his face and I wish I had more than a mental picture because it was so REAL and so God.
I am thankful that we are warm inside and out, we have heat from the only true source and we want to share it.
God Bless,

No comments: