Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Beau and Books

I was going to post a picture of Beau reading with this blog, but that will have to wait until I take one. We went to the library yesterday, Beau picked out 7 chapter books plus some other children's books. I tried to lessen the load in the bag but he was insistent so we went on our way. As of tonight he'd finished his Garfield comic book, two chapter books and at least five of the children's books. His favorite books right now are Horrible Harry, there are apparently about 12 of these books, he has now read three of them in the last week. We will look for the others at the library but I've learned to make him no promises. Tonight we read The Man and the Stinky Cheese by Garrison Keillar (I'm not sure I spelled that right, Pappa Lloyd any corrections.) We are going to have to check that out again when Memere and Pappa Lloyd are here for Thanksgiving Pappa Lloyd is a big fan. We also read The Soccer Mom from Outerspace and Hoodwinked. The thing about Beau is that he will read a book over and over and over and over. I am so glad he can read to himself, it has really made life more interesting. Ben gets caught every time he tries to skip a line.
Beau's favorites are Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes (it took a little while for Beau to pronounce Hobbes correctly). When he thinks a particular comic strip is extremely funny he will bring it to me to read so that I can laugh with him. It is really fun, we are really enjoying this new part of his life. He takes it all so seriously though, if the teacher says he needs to read a chapter book he goes right out and reads ten. I am glad he loves reading. He also loves to find science experiments or recipes in books and then we do them together. Life is never boring, the green slime we made Monday was the hit of the week and Anna can't wait to make yellow. Any book suggestions send them our way, Beau loves to try new ones especially if anyone other than mom suggested it.

No comments: