Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Night On theTown

The kids have been really helpful around the basement yesterday and today so Ben and I decided to take them out. We went to the pizza place in town with video games. They love playing pinball and pac-man. We enjoyed being out after two days of being in even though the temps were well below zero and the snow was easily mid-calf to knee on me. I carried Luke because it was just easier. The pizza was great and it was nice to not have to clean up after we were finished.
We didn't want to go straight home so we ventured to....Wal-Mart. Fascinating, I know, but that is the joy of living in the middle of nowhere. I shopped the Christmas clearance aisle, the dogs got new toys, and we picked up some stuff for school lunches because we only have one more day after tonight, then it is back to the grind. We really did enjoy our night out with the kids even if they started to drive us crazy by the end. I've really liked them being out of school for two weeks and I'm not looking forward to them going back. It has just been nice to have everyone home together with Ben off and getting things done and really enjoying each other's company. I didn't accomplish my goal of teaching Beau and Anna to tie their shoes, but I have one more day. I just have no idea how to even go about it.
I know you all wish you could have a night on the town as exciting as ours, well okay most of you probably could have a night far better than ours, but we make the most of it and just enjoy the moment.

No comments: