Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year...A New Day

We got so much done today. Our bedroom is almost clean and organized. The basement took a big hit and we are ready to build shelving down there tomorrow if we can find a lumber store open. The kids were extremely helpful when asked and we had a fun night watching Space Chimps.
I lost my purse for several hours today which caused significant stress, but in the end found it safely in my bedroom.
All in all it was a good start to 2009. There is so much ahead of us and so much to look forward to. I'm hoping to find a job working from home. Beau is reading at an unbelievable rate and comprehending. Anna seems to grasp numbers quickly and has really begun to get the concepts of her letters and the beginning of reading. The difference in Beau and Anna's learning techniques is huge and I am adjusting on the fly.
Luke is Luke, he is too big for his britches most of the time, but his love for everyone is bigger than his body. He has hugs and kisses to pass out all day long to anyone that will take them, his hands are still always in my hair, but he is becoming quite his own little man.
The plans for tomorrow include learning to tie our shoes, that is my biggest goal of 2009 thus far.
Any hints...I don't have a clue how to teach them this, but they need to know.
May God Bless you all in 2009.

No comments: